Sunday, June 21, 2015

Today is Father's day. I am so blessed to have an amazing one, who is not a perfect man but is perfect for me. My dad is awesome and I have enjoyed this day with him. But the day is bittersweet. I am a re-singled mother of two amazing boys. A sweet woman who has been in my shoes wished me a Happy Father's day since I fill both rolls. But oh how I wish my boys new the unconditional love of an earthly dad. They have known so much loss, you see my boys have already lost a set of parents. And on adoption day I had no idea that when we promised to love these boys and cherish them as children born to us that I was the only one who meant it. He stood there promising to do something he never intended to or wanted to. He left us four years ago and never looked back, my dad tries to fill in and help where he can but he is Pappa not daddy. I pray God sends us a man that will step up and be daddy to my boys.
 Christian men there is a whole world of single mothers and fatherless children that need you to step up and fill in the gap, not necessarily as husbands but as role models and mentors. There are so many times a boy needs a dad and so many times that their heart is silently breaking because they are the one without a man in their lives to do things with when all their friends are talking. They are constantly looking for something to fill the void that not having a dad leaves. Most times this leads to bad choices and trouble. Men of the church we need you!!! We need you to stop thinking someone else will do it or thinking that we are going to try to trap you into marriage or take your interest the wrong way. We need you to stand up and show our boys how to be men. There are many things we as single mothers can do BUT we cannot teach them to be men, we cannot show them how to be good men and fathers. Please take a moment or twelve if you must and pray about stepping into a young man's life today.

No comments:

Post a Comment